Local Government TV

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Brooks Appears to Dodge Debates with Mackenzie in Pa. 07 Race

According to Ryan Mackenzie's Congressional Campaign, Democratic nominee Bob Brooks is playing debate dodgeball. Brooks is accused of flat-out refusing to debate Mackenzie until after mail-in voting is done. He's ignored a request for a September debate on BRC 13 (Blue Ridge Cable), and wants to delay a debate at WFMZ-TV69. He is supposed to have agreed to a debate yesterday, but only on condition that the second half air on Election Eve. 

Mackenzie has released a statement slamming Brooks for denying then an opportunity to compare and contrast the candidates. “We have offered and agreed to several dates in September, but Bob Brooks has declined or ignored all of them. My opponent’s latest attempt to delay any debate from being broadcast until immediately before the election — when tens of thousands of district residents will have already voted — represents a deliberate effort to hide from voters. It’s time for my opponent to stop playing games, agree to a debate, and answer for his record of fraud and corruption.”

There would be three reasons for Brooks to refuse to debate Mackenzie. 

First, he could be so far ahead in the polls that debating Mackenzie would just be helping his race. I do think Brooks is likely ahead, but not by much in a purple district.

Second, Brooks is a lousy debater. I would buy that one from what I've seen. This includes his stumble when the hero of the working class was unable to define it at a Cedar Crest forum. 

Third, Brooks has a lot to hide. He's been accused of a fraudulent conveyance in the transfer of real estate to his second wife, and a judge has concluded there's enough detail in the complaint for the matter to move forward. He refuses to pay back $160,000 he took from his family notwithstanding a judgment filed against him. He deliberately refused to list that judgment in his financial disclosures. He called professional firefighters who volunteer in their home communities as "scum" and "scabs." 

As I've said many times about Brooks, he's too shady. 

Don't get me wrong. I have no intention of voting for Mackenzie, whom I regard as little more than a Trump lemming. Nor will I vote for the not so "Green" candidate, Andrew Tupone. 

If we could vote "None of the Above," that would be the hands down winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You own views are appreciated, especially if they differ from mine. But remember, commenting is a privilege, not a right. I will delete personal attacks or off-topic remarks at my discretion. Comments that play into the tribalism that has consumed this nation will be declined. So will comments alleging voter fraud unless backed up by concrete evidence. If you attack someone personally, I expect you to identify yourself. I will delete criticisms of my comment policy, vulgarities, cut-and-paste jobs from other sources and any suggestion of violence towards anyone. I will also delete sweeping generalizations about mainstream parties or ideologies, i.e. identity politics. My decisions on these matters are made on a case by case basis, and may be affected by my mood that day, my access to the blog at the time the comment was made or other information that isn’t readily apparent.