About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, March 30, 2023

UPDATED: Jarrett Coleman Eyeing Congress? I'M TOLD NO.

I saw Jarrett Coleman at a fundraiser that a fellow Democrat organized for then US Senate candidate Dr. Mehmet Oz. The place was full of politicians whose love of completely useless banter is exceeded only by their constant use of the bathroom. I am sure the host had a hefty plumber's bill soon after the event was over. At least I hope so. But I digress. This post is about one of the many elected officials and candidates who were there. Unlike the rest, he stood off in a corner by his lonesome, speaking to no one. He was afraid that centrism might be contagious. His name is Jarrett Coleman, and it looks like he'll be running for U.S. Congress in Pa.7.  That seat is currently held by Sue Wild. 

Coleman is an airlines pilot who found himself elected to the Parkland School Board in December 2021 on an anti-mask and anti-CRT platform.  But no sooner was he elected than he was off and running again, this time for State Senator Pat Browne's seat. He won, too, as  Browne seemed to have lost touch with the people of the Lehigh Valley and was always getting involved in suspicious motorcycle accidents. 

Now that he's been a State Senator for three months, Coleman has apparently decided to aim a little higher. I've seen no paperwork filed with the FEC, but he does have a cell phone that he answers, in his recorded reply, "Jarret Coleman for Congress Pa. 7."

 I left Coleman a message. Twice. No answer. 

That's OK. He never promised to be transparent or accountable. 

He'll never get my vote. 

4 PM UPDATE: Since this story published, I've received several calls from people who tell me that Coleman is not running for Congress. I have yet to hear from Coleman, but am told it will happen.

The cell phone that I called no longer replies with "Jarret Coleman for Congress Pa. 7." Instead it's a generic "leave a message" from an automated voice. I've been told that the cell number I called is not the number Coleman uses, so someone might be trying to damage him. I fell for it. 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anti CRT. It is to laugh.

michael molovinsky said...

Coleman could well get my vote. I appreciate his efforts to shed some long overdue light on Allentown's NIZ finances. He has raised more questions in three months than his fellow representatives have in years. Maybe he was standing both alone and above the others at that party.

Anonymous said...

You'd vote Xi Jingping and Putin though to name only 2. Shit, you'd vote Biden next election.
Certain areas your opinion isn't important.
And until Coleman actually is in his current position and does things I would expect of him, he wouldn't get my vote right now.

Anonymous said...

He'll never get your vote, but you fell for the COVID lockdown hoax. You're hardly a beacon of wise decision-making.

Anonymous said...

Jarrett Coleman deserves a great deal of credit for attempting to force accountability on that massive abuse of tax dollars, the Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone (NIZ). The NIZ has been a money pit that has cost Pennsylvania taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars in usual tax revenues that were coming into our state before the NIZ was created.

The initial intent of the NIZ failed miserably early on, yet that failed process has been allowed to continue on, and without thorough inspection. The tax revenue shortfall amount created by the NIZ might might never be made up over our lifetimes. Our news media has decided to remain silent about all this throughout and, to me, has been a co-conspirator to enabling an ongoing waste of taxpayer dollars.

I expect, Mr. Coleman, as a relative newcomer to “club” will be ignored. But, this man is to be congratulated for addressing an existing problem that should have been dealt with years ago. I am likely to vote for him.

Anonymous said...

ABW - Anyone But Wild. Her support of Fetterman is enough to prove she's not worthy of representing the people.

Anonymous said...

Shucks. I'm sure he was counting on your vote to put him over the top. How about doxxing him or one of the other nice things you do?

Anonymous said...

At the Table of Plenty, this guy would be a self server feeling he deserves more.

Anonymous said...

I was unaware that PA’s billionaire Jeffrey Yass purchased US House Reps in addition to his stable of Commonwealth Reps and Senators.

Anonymous said...

Bernie
I am really getting tired of these people, D's and R's. They never fullfill a term, do absolutely nothing, then run for higher office.

Anonymous said...

To Pat Browne and his mysterious motorcycle accidents….I’ll drink to that!

Bernie O'Hare said...

"Shucks. I'm sure he was counting on your vote to put him over the top. How about doxxing him or one of the other nice things you do?"

Sorry, I've never doxed anyone.

Anonymous said...

Bernie - You’ve railed against the NIZ giveaway to establishment donors of both parties for years. Jarrett is the FIRST local elected official in 10 years to even try and make the NIZ process more transparent. You’re contradicting yourself.

He’s not running for congress but even if he was, would you really rather have Ryan “I was born on third base” Mackenzie the nominee. Talk about a do nothing politician that has never had a real job. Susan Wild will destroy Ryan if he’s the nominee.

Anonymous said...

I think Coleman is weak, but MM is right, he's the first one willing to step up and say "let's take a look at the NIZ."

For that he at least enters conversation for other office.

But I would require anyone running for office to step down from the office they currently hold. Otherwise we're paying someone who wants to leave - let's help them out the door. That also

The Banker

Anonymous said...

If Allentown is so excited about giving $1 million to the boondoggle crammed into the parking lot at the Community Music School on the 1500 block of Hamilton Street, maybe we will see a day come when Allentown either buys or assists in the sale of all the Strata flats in Allentown to use for use as low income housing. It's not that far fetched. I applaud Coleman for looking into this issue. Also, I too have to admit that the reference to Coleman standing alone at that party makes me want to vote for him too.

Anonymous said...

I like that JC is standing up for transparency in the NIZ. However, JC's campaign was funded solely by a special interest group so I don't think he's quite the paragon that one position makes him out to be. He sued the school district when he was on the Board, causing them money, and couldn't build a coalition to get anything done. I think him standing alone is kina emblamatic of him as a leader. He's not a consensus builder. He's a young man in over his head.

Anonymous said...

This curious story of the secretive NIZ in Allentown could earn someone a Pulitzer Prize for investigative journalism. Bernie, the reach of your Blog is pretty wide, I think. Hopefully, this topic reaches someone willing and able to reveal it all to a state and national audience.

Anonymous said...

If only Kevin Dellicker had won!

Anonymous said...

Bernie you got your wish they indicted Trump---this will make sure he is our next President.

Anonymous said...

Wild will get my vote. At least she voted for Fetterman and put the Oz man back to the wizard of Oz land. What a joke he was, very much like Coleman another joker in the field of Republican scum bags.

Anonymous said...

"I've been told that the cell number I called is not the number Coleman uses, so someone might be trying to damage him. I fell for it." That wreaks of a Ryan Mackenzie move who all but already soft launched a campaign. Guy is never afraid to get dirty. This Republican super voter is hoping Kevin Dellicker takes another swing. Character guy. Outsider. Not a career politician.

Happy to hear this very likely isn't true about Coleman looking at the seat. I want to see him get some things done in Harrisburg.