About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Beware Of Scam Calls From Fake NorCo Deputy Sheriff



The Northampton County Sheriff’s Department has received numerous inquiries about a male identifying himself as Lieutenant Jones from the Northampton County Sheriff’s Department—Civil Division. He is contacting residents by phone concerning missing jury duty. He then requests money be wired to cover a fine in lieu of arrest.

The Northampton County Sheriff’s Department will never request anyone to wire money or post bond in lieu of arrest. Also, it is the jury clerk, and not the Sheriff, who contacts people who miss jury service.

Please report any solicitations to the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s office at 800 441 2555 or email them at scams@attorneygeneral.gov. The Northampton County Jury Clerk can be reached at 610 829 6730.

I received a scam email today. It was supposedly an email from former Congressional Candidate David Clark.
Hello,
How are you doing today?
Please can you do me a favor?
Dave
I figured he was running for office again and asked, "What is it?"
I am sorry for bothering you with this mail, I need to get an iTunes gift card for my Niece, Its her birthday but i can't do this now because I'm currently traveling and i tried purchasing online but unfortunately no luck with that. Can you get it from any store around you? I'll pay back as soon as i am back. Kindly let me know if you can handle this.
​Await your soonest response.​
Dave
I'm pretty sure someone was running a con.

I also get scam emails that are purportedly from blogger Michael Molovinsky all the time, suggesting weight loss products. Those may really be coming from him. I ignore them in what I consider a profile in courage on my part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need a weight loss product !