About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Bethlehem ZHB Has No Appeals For Second Time in a Year

Bethlehem's Zoning Hearing Board was scheduled to meet last night, and I arrived at Town Hall at the appointed hour. But aside from a zoning groupie named Warren who tells me loves the humor at zoning hearings, I was the only one there. Chairman Gus Loupos told me that there were no appeals and they had a rare night off. This could be a sign that Bethlehem's new zoning ordinance is working or that the real estate market is in the tank.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I showed up for the Stone Post Curative Amendment in Lower Nazareth, to find it was postponed. I should have called. I've never heard a curative amendment argued, and this project is controversial. Looks like we made similar errors, but I wouldn't have written a scintillating write-up afterwards.

Bernie O'Hare said...

That's because you're sane.

Anonymous said...

Anon 12:28/Bernie:

The Lower Nazareth meeting was held on Tuesday, June 3. The meeting was continued until July 10th at 6:30.

Anonymous said...

@12:06 Thank you! I have been off a day for three days!!! I thought today was the 4th, and yesterday was the 3rd. Doh. No wonder there was no meeting yesterday. I need to go look - I didn't see any news articles. There should be something out there.

Anonymous said...

Looks like nobody covered it. So much for public outcry.

Anonymous said...

Anon 4:49: Actually, the room was packed and many people were forced to stand.