About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Road Salt Shortage Comes At Bad Time

Last week, I told you that Hanover Township was running low on road salt, and that other municipalities were worried as well. This was before the most recent snowstorm. Late today, an emergency management official advised me that three Northampton County municipalities were, as of late this afternoon, completely out of road salt. Although I know road crews are doing their best to keep the roads safe, I am recommending that you exercise extreme caution during tomorrow's storm, which may include significant ice. Do not assume the roads have been treated.

2 comments:

Up the Creek said...

And Shop Rite is completely out of toilet paper. Bread, milk, eggs, and bottled water are running pretty low, too.

Anonymous said...

Jacob's Produce, 7th and Northampton Sts. All the rock salt you want.