About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, February 03, 2014

Last Great Run By A Bronco Was in '94

I'm sure we all remember that one.

But today's performance was utterly forgettable. Thanks to Fox Sports, I was able to livestream the game, including the commercials.

I don't think I've been missing much.

Peyton Manning disappointed. Richard Sherman, the reviled "thug", is on crutches.

I want to say one thing about this game. Ordinarily, I would have gone with the Broncos. But Sherman the trash talker made that impossible. I love the guy.

I know, I know. He's black, brash, from Compton and even sports dreadlocks. He's also a Stanford graduate, a student of the game, and understands the value of getting inside an opponent's head.

This is Joe Paterno country, where even a player's name does not appear on his jersey. We tend to dislike trash talkers as egotists who think only of themselves. But i believe Sherman's approach is much different and is team-focused.

According to Buzzfeed, he's actually one of the most likable players in the NFL. They don't focus on his work with youth or his serious approach to the game, but to his goofy sense of humor. Just about everything he does, including the fiery words that tend to irritate us, is tongue in cheek.

Want an example? Below is an interview that he conducted himself last year with unsuspecting fans. The guy knows how to laugh at himself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://huzlers.com/superbowl-xlviii-believed-to-have-been-rigged-and-currently-under-investigation-by-nfl/

Anonymous said...

He's also a ped user and a jackass. Parents don't let your kids lookup to this ahole

Anonymous said...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3423410/

Bernie O'Hare said...

Right. I will tell children not to believe any personal attack that someone is unwilling to stand behind with a name.