About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hanover Solicitor Attempts to Muzzle Free Press


Before last night's meeting of Hanover Township's Board of Supervisors, Solicitor Jim Broughal cornered me to request that I stop taking pictures during meetings. In fact, he and Northampton County Coroner Zach Lysek intend to seek an emergency injunction against me on Friday.

"You can't muzzle the press!" I declared.

"I don't want to muzzle the press. I just want to muzzle you."

Apparently, one of my recent pictures of Broughal, published in The Bethlehem Press, has made him the laughing stock at the Y, where he exercises every day. Wherever he goes, whether it's his locker or a treadmill, there's a picture of him with his game face.

He also claims my picture of Coroner Zach Lysek, which appears in today's edition, makes his head look too big.

So the two of them want me banned from further photography on the basis that I'm a common nuisance.

Everybody's a critic.

I asked my editor to back me up, but he's already testifying for Broughal.

I thought I was improving.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lysek does have a big fat head, what is the big deal? is he the new Gregory living in a different reality?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Lysek is a gentleman, and I hope not to see him professionally for a very long time.

Anonymous said...

I'd let you take my photo if you promised I'd look like Marilyn.

Anonymous said...

Your photos always make JG look dreamy. There's no known photographic angle or technique known that can make Broughal look any better than one of Lysek's patients. Life is tough. Wear a cup.

Anonymous said...

You would think that the two of these idiots could bitch about some more important things than You...Lysek is just a political pawn who gets a big taxpayer paycheck..and Broughal..well He is a bottom feeder and boy has he been feeding for years......

Bernie O'Hare said...

They were joking.

Anonymous said...

anonymous, how can u sit there and talk bad about lysek a guy who is dealing with people at the worst time in life and i would assume only gets paid peanuts for all the hours and court hearing he has to go to . bernie you said it well i do believe Lysek is a gentlmen

Anonymous said...

Lysek is doing just fine in life for an ex party-time cop with no medical training. What the county really needs is a real medical examiner in that multi-million dollar palace of death Lysek wants to build.

By the way build it on all the land at Gracedale campus, not in a park.

Anonymous said...

Quite a venomous peanut gallery.

Anonymous said...

People are dying to see Zach.