About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, April 05, 2013

Reibman Picks Up Critical Constable Endorsement

Constable Gilmore
Looks like the NorCo Executive race is over. True, Bethlehem Mayor John Callahan managed to snag endorsements from Congressman Matt Cartwright and Governor Ed Rendell.  But let's be honest. Everyone was waiting to hear from Pen Argyl Constable Paul Gilmore. Would he follow suit, or would he go with opponents Glenn Reibman or Lamont McClure? Late yesterday afternoon, the word finally came down from the Mike Fleck campaign consultant mountain. Gilmore's nod has gone to Glenn Reibman.

As expected, a torrent of Reibman endorsements has quickly followed. Roseto Mayor Desiree De Nicola, Glendon Mayor Charles Seip, Forks Supervisor Robert Egolf and Easton Vice Mayor Ken Brown have fallen in line pretty quickly.

"I’m proud to have the support of local officials who recognize my record of accomplishments throughout Northampton County and share my vision of making Northampton County a better place to live, work and play,” claims Reibman.

“I have the experience, vision and results to be the next Northampton County Executive, and I want to finish the job I started,” said Reibman in a prepared statement. That's what scares the Hell out of most of us. The job he started ended with two guys going to Club Fed and another two cabinet members resigning in disgrace after engaging in wife swapping and sexual harassment on the public dime. Then there's that $25 million swaption.

“I am honored to receive the endorsements of so many local elected officials," insists Reibman, in the wake of the Constable's endorsement. "I’ve earned these endorsements based on the results I achieved as County Executive and these officials know that I will continue to fight for more jobs, more economic development and a better quality of life for all of the people in Northampton County. They recognize that I will not let them down, and that together we will build a better Northampton County,” he concluded.

LV political pundit Buddy Christ tells me that the Constable, or as he likes to call himself, Happy Gilmore, is a bellwether in local political races. "He's right a lot, man!" says the Redeemer. "I'm pretty sure Gilmore predicted Angle was going to lose, too. Even I didn't see that one coming, and I'm the Son of Man!"

I tried contacting Constable Gilmore, but he won't speak to me. "I don't speak to bottom feeding bloggers," he said. "Get thee gone, Satan!"

Reibman was a bit more talkative.

Does this improve your chances, Glenn?

"I’m proud to have the support of local officials who recognize my record of accomplishments throughout Northampton County and share my vision of making Northampton County a better place to live, work and play,” he said.

I see. Hey Glenn, do you think it was such a great idea to rip down a state-of-the-art archives building?

"I’m proud to have the support of local officials who recognize my record of accomplishments throughout Northampton County and share my vision of making Northampton County a better place to live, work and play,” he said.

Reibman shorted out with my third question, and campaign consultant Michael Fleck has thrown him up on the lift. He's blowin' oil again.

Needless to say, Callahan and McClure are devastated about the happy Gilmore endorsement. McClure is worried that he'll have to continue practicing asbestos law. He's considering having Baron von Footinmouth endorse him again. For his part, Callahan has been looking at brochures for professional referee schools.

22 comments:

Gilly Bivens, Jr. said...

This kind of stuff makes life a little more tolerable.

Anonymous said...

so....let me get this straight....a guy from Wilkes Barre who somehow represents our area in Congress by accident and a former governor who lives in Manhattan support the Callahan...

And a bunch of people who work hard in small time elected offices like mayor of Roseto or constable in Pen Argyl are in support of Reibman.

What I hear is that the people who actually live in the district support Reibman.

Cool. That's what Democracy is supposed to be all about.

I'm being a wise ass, Bernie, but the sarcastic way you wrote this story is demeaning to the minor officials you mention. Their opinion should be worth something too.

Endorsements from Ed Rendell and Matt Cartwright are political calculations based on money and influence-peddling.

I don't know either Mr. Gilmore or the Roseto Mayor, but I'll bet their endorsements come more from the heart.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I know I was waiting for happy Gilmore myself.

Anonymous said...

Also borrowed 111 million bucks and couldn`t find the money to repair leaking windows at Gracedale.

Anonymous said...

Anon 12:35 am -- Very true! These endorsements can actually vote for Reibman unlike Rendell and Carwright who can't cast a vote in this election.

Lamont has AFSCME and they can vote in this election too.

Barron may be a goof, but he can vote so his endorsement means more too.

When Callahan has a zilion former police chiefs behind him announcing their endorsement then I will be impressed!

Anonymous said...

$111 million... the price is wrong bitch!

Anonymous said...

First, Bill Brackbill repired the windows at Gracedale less than ten years before Reibman was executive.
Mr. Stoffa tried to sell the place and let the Wolf building go to seed to get a new bulding to be named after himself.

Secoind, the swaption was in positive numbers when Reibman left offcie. Stoffa was not tending the store and the county ended up forking over nearly $30 million for his incompetence.

The Callahan machine operatic commrade O'Hare keeps on churing out bullshit like the high times of the heyday of the Stoffa years.

Ah the days of the big three Stoffa/Angle and O'Hare, the good old days.

Bernie O'Hare said...

1) The windows were still leaking, and leaked throughout Reibman's 8 years in office, exposing residents and staff to the elements, as well as weakening the building.

2) Reibman put Council and Stoffa in the terrible position of being forced to gamble with taxpayer $. It was a disaster, and he is very much one of the chief culprits in that fiasco. No less a person than the state auditor general, Jack Wagner, warned against these risky deals, but Reibman thought he knew better.

Anonymous said...

Reibman tore down a state of the art archive building and sent our valuable historical records to a musty warehouse in Allentown. How much did he care about our history ? And what did he teach? What a fraud he is ,was , and always will be.

Anonymous said...

As commented on the Express Times:

"A who's who of nobody's..."

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to have the support "click", I'm proud to have the support "click", I'm proud to have the support "click"...

Jim G said...

Bernie if you were a silver haired fox with a certified MILF as your spouse there is no doubt you would get down with a little wife swapping, stop trying to shame people into sexual repression with your prudish views and political hackery.

Anonymous said...

What does him being a constable have to do with it? I guess it is underneath most noble elected officials except most constables can make more then most noble elected officials huh?

Anonymous said...

Reibman doubled the elevators at
Gracedale and tried to get money back from the Brackbill contractor who fixed the windows in the first place. You want to put him in the unenviable position of making a decision to drop the suit and spend even more money on something already paid for. You would force him to gamble with taxpayer money.

Oh wait a minute.

To your second point see the above.

Stoffa let a good building rot for seven years in order to build an overpriced unneeded bulding so he can have his name on something. Along with the rest of the mess he left.

Stop the bullshit.

Peter J.Cochran said...

Where is the signification of this endorsement? What field does this man have for signification ? Ok ,I like bottom feeder bloggers, Bernie ,I endorse you as County Executive, how do you like that?HA HA HA !!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Peter, since you're a Constable, I'm in.

Peter J.Cochran said...

I remember when, they said they could not find the vendor for the voting machines they wanted their money back from , I volunteered for a fee to track them down and serve them , WHAT HAPPENED it that fiasco?

Peter J.Cochran said...

Right Bernie, You can print that I endorse YOU for write in as County Executive. You can't be worse than what will be and they have already beaten you up and you have servived. Your smart, and know what is going on around you.Let's go!

Anonymous said...

word is your girl from NC county is running Johnny's show! What do you have to say about that? Speak the truth!!!

Bernie O'Hare said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have any "girl from NC county," and that remark is pretty sexist, meant to demean women. You should watch that bc you make Reibman and McClure look bad by referring to women as girls.

Unknown said...

Comments continue to amuse and disgust me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Don, I tried emailing you and I cna't get through your blog. What is your email address?