About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Kerry Myers Will Remember Our Forgotten Veterans

He comes from a family of fifteen. He learned all about volunteerism while growing up. He's been honored by both the NAACP and the state house of representatives for a lifetime of commitment to our youth. Even these days, you can still see Kerry Myers behind the plate, making bad calls. But at 6'3", few people argue with him. Now he wants to make bad calls on County Council. He's one of eight Democrats seeking five at-large seats this May. Even if he gets it wrong from time to time, this is a man who really cares about his community.

"I'm gonna' work hard, from the time I take that office until the day I walk out," he sayss. "And frankly, I don't care if I get re-elected. But while I'm in that office, I'm going to do my job. I'm gonna' put my heart and soul into it." He distinguishes between politicians and political servants. "I'm a political servant. I'm going to serve this community every day."

At a recent speech to Easton Dems, the thing that struck me most was his passion. Moreover, this is one guy who won't forget our veterans. "One thing I'm going to stress, if elected, is that the County Council add a Veterans Affairs Committee. If elected, I would like to chair it. ... I know how important it was to take that oath of office, to protect this country."

Kerry Myers is a good call.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a resident of the Easton School District, I am not a Kerry Myers fan. But after watching a video of him at the Easton Dems, I thought he was very refreshing. It possibly changed my idea of him.

Bernie O'Hare said...

It was good.

Anonymous said...

Kerry is a good guy but after his stint on the Easton School Board, I wouldn't want to see Northampton County suffer the same fate.

Anonymous said...

What would this committee do ?

Anonymous said...

Will Meyers also remember white vets, or just the black ones? He's obsessed with keeping score. All people want to know.

Anonymous said...

He does have that whole angry deal going. Yelling doesn't always mean passion.

Anonymous said...

County council is'' lily white'' as of now.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Try again. Bruce Gilbert is black and has been on Council for 4 years. Where have you been? If I vote for Kerry, it won' be bc he's black, but bc i like his passion. I also like that he he is a working man who had to make his announcement over the noon hour so he could get back to work. But voting for Kerry bc he is black is just as bad as voting against him bc he is black.

Anonymous said...

If anyone plays the race card for or against, they lose my vote, period!
Enough of the bullshit. His record on the Easton School Board is what has me worried. The same as the record of the very white Pat Volcano.

Anonymous said...

12:25 AM states that he watched a video of the Council candidates on the internet. Where? I'd like to see it. How did the other candidates fair? Why is this video such a big secret? I am a veteran. Didn't any other candidates have anything good to say? C'mon Bernie, show us all the video of all the candidates. I personally like Ron Heckman. How did he do and what did he have to say? I understand Glenn Reibman was great as a candidate. Is it because you dislike Glenn that you are not telling us where this tape is that you viewed? I want to see for myself. Show me the tape Bernie.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I linked to the Myers video. It is no secret. All you have to do is read my blog with a little more intelligence than you seem to possess.

As for Ron Heckman, he spoke at the same event. I was not invited and was told in advance I was actually disinvited. I am relying on some video that was publicly posted by Michael Laws. I have not seen his video posted at this point, and hope I do bc I am sure it will be very helpful.

Anonymous said...

I beleive Meyers was the only candidate to speak specifically to the verterans issue. Of course the problem is, other than office space most of these services provided veterans are links to federal progrtams, what Myers would do beyond a committee is vague.

I was told the speechs by both Seyfried and Heckman were the best, focusing on county fundamental servcie needs as well as defending the Home Rule Chrtaer form of government when asked.