About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Morning Call: Judge Simpson Profile

Last week, I told you that Judge Robert Simpson, the Commonwealth Court Judge deciding the voter ID challenge, is a former Northampton County Judge. I even bumped into him at Nazareth's Giant (not Wegmans) last Sunday.

The Morning Call's Peter Hall and Scott Kraus have an excellent profile. They point out it's possible (though unlikely) that Simpson's ruling will be the one that matters because the Court of Final Error is split 3-3 along party lines.

7 comments:

Bill Coker said...

From what I've seen and read, Simpson will give a fair, unbiased opinion whether I agree with it or not.

However, as a registered Democrat (although I never vote a straight ticket and must be registered as something in Pennsylvania) I have no problem with ID's. I have to show them for medical care, prescriptions, credit card and so forth.

What's the problem?

Anonymous said...

Why is Wegmans so bad? Some of the generic brands are less than those of Giant. While they have some swanky things that most grocers don't have their generic food honestly is some of the best deals. You've been hanging around with the Hanover Twsp say no to everything board!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Wegmans is a great store. Hanover has a Wegmans. I shop at Wegmans and Giant.

Bill Coker said...

Just curious. What does that have to do with Simpson's decision?

Bill Coker said...

Simpson's opinion will affect the state much more than Wegmans prices.

Bernie O'Hare said...

My fault, Bill. I mentioned that I bumped into Judge Simpson at Giant (not Wegmans). It was an unfair shot on my part, and I was properly called on it.

Anonymous said...

What about all the disable veterans
that do not have cars,i tell ya this
is 110% wrong,I do have a va ID with
picture,that should be good enough,if
I have to fight your created wars,&
come back home with missing parts,
please don't tell me that I can't vote.