About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, December 23, 2011

Glenn Eckhart: Where's My Tea Leaves, Damn It?

I love to torment Glenn Eckhart, with whom I rarely agree. But fortunately for me, he's leaving the Board of Commissioners to become Lehigh County's new Controller, so I'll still be able to pick on him, especially if he is as political as his counterpart in Northampton County.

But nobody can deny that Glenn is a genuinely good person who cares about other people and tries to help them. He gets it. When kids were tossed out of a gym in Salisbury because there was no security at basketball games, Glenn dug into his own pocket to pay for it. This is all the more amazing because Glenn is a blue collar guy who looks uncomfortable in a suit and tie.

In his final words as a Commissioner, Glenn remarked that when he left Salisbury Township, "they gave me a bag of leaves because I complained about the leaves all the time. ... Maybe somebody should have brought me some tea leaves because it seemed like I was always on the wrong side of the vote."

Can you provide a caption to the picture above? One that avoids reference to male organs?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

not if you're gonna put those kind of restrictions on it...

Anonymous said...

I'll have the last laugh as controller............

Anonymous said...

Eckhart will have the last laugh.
A good paying job with good medical benefits.

Anonymous said...

"Dean, if you'd shown just this much common sense, your party wouldn't have thrown you out."

Anonymous said...

Since you can delete our comments, here goes. You were pretty nasty yesterday to someone who asked for your opinion on the shootings in Allentown. Someone cared enough to seek your thoughts. Guess that 400+ video hit went to your head.

Anonymous said...

Oh look an eyelash! Make a wish!

Anonymous said...

"And then Wayne Woodman grabbed Scott Ott by the tail and picked him off the ground, just like this."

Bernie O'Hare said...

7:35, I was nasty? Let me tell you what is nasty. I sometimes spend several hours just on one post. When I do that, and someone wants to change the topic to something completely unrelated, that's nasty. I have an email address. If you want me to cover something else, you can send me an email. If I feel I can add something, I will. If I don't think I can add to what is already out there, I won't. I probably will write about that topic, but not until I am ready. You are more than welcome to send me a post outlining your concerns.

Anonymous said...

You see, there was this itsy bitsy spider...

Anonymous said...

Asked how many time Glenn voted yes, Glenn answered.



nlv

eckville press said...

"Damn Crazy Glue"

Anonymous said...

"As I snap my finger I will be going to Disney World!"

Anonymous said...

Meet my little friend

Anonymous said...

THANK GOD for Controller Tom Slonaker's STAFF who are Lehigh County Employees who KNOW and Have Been DOING THE JOB ... The Lehigh County TAXPAYERS NEED to GO OUT and Buy a LAWN MOWER and a SNOW SHOVEL for GLENN and Let Him Shovel the Snow and Cut the Grass in Lehigh County ... YOU KNOW SOMETHING THAT HE IS QUALIFED FOR ... I JUST CAN NOT BELIEVE THE STUPIDITY OF LEHIGH COUNTY VOTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ironpigpen said...

We have to keep spending wildly and out of control or surely we will go bankrupt.

More heart-string tugging will do the trick.

Anonymous said...

Ah... so that is what a calculator looks like? Hope they don't make the Controller an appointed position.

Anonymous said...

I wish they made the Controller an appointed position in Northampton county.