May 26, 2011: Barron von Footinmouth's Solicitor, Tim Brennan, writes to tell me he is the open records officer. He immediately invokes the 30-day extension permitted by law.
June 24, 2011, 7:36 PM: Barronn refuses to produce the following:
- A 2/10 email from Barron to Gracedale Initiative Committee lawyer Larry Otter, in which Barron spills his guts and gives expert opinions and everything.
- A 3/7 email exchange between Barron and his Solicitor concerning the legal bills for Gracedale.
- A 3/31 email exchange between Barron and Council member Lamont McClure concerning their Gracedale strategy, and in which Barron apparently leaks information from his office.
- A 4/15 email exchange involving Barron, McClure, Gracedale lawyer Larry Otter and Solicitor Tim Brennan, concerning their Gracedale strategy, in which more information is leaked.
- A 4/16 continuation of the email exchange involving Barron, McClure and Otter, in which Barron is now leaking worse than my Jeep's gas tank.
- A 5/5 email exchange with Gracedale lawyer Larry Otter, in which Barron is apparently leaking his own investigation.
- He refuses to produce his email exchanges with union officials, County Council members as well as members of the Gracedale initiative committee. He claims they are really just mass emails. So what? I see no exception for that in the RTKL.
Barron does supply me with a few little juicy tidbits, here and there. It's pretty clearly that County Council President John Cusick and member Tom Dietrich were intent on embarrassing Ron Angle, and attempted to recruit Barron to come to a Dietrich committee and mouth off about Angle when he was absent.
Naturally, I intend to appeal this to the Office of Open Records. Also, since some of this information is discoverable and the Gracedale suit is still open, I'll just subpoena the email exchanges specific to Gracedale.
Maybe that's what I should have done in the first place.