About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

LC Comm'rs to Grill Dirty Dozen Tonight.

Bill Lenier's sudden resignation as a Commissioner has resulted in twelve applications from the following Democrats: Marc I. Basist, Geoffrey S. Brace, Bruce A. Brinker, John V. Cooney, John F. Cramsey, Walter Felton, Jr., Robert J. George, William H. Hansell, John R. Hofmann, Sr., Andrea Landsbach, George Speros Maniatty, Jr., and Deana M Zosky. (Their resumes are posted here.) Lehigh County's Appointments Committee, chaired by Glenn Eckhart, will bake the dirty dozen tonight with a series of questions. The fun starts at 6:30PM in the Government Center's Meeting Room.

Any commissioner is free to participate in this hearing, and I suspect most of them will be on hand. But it is up to the three-person committee, which also includes VP Dan McCarthy and newbie Tom Creighton, to make the recommendation. That's due on February 10th, when they and the full Board is scheduled to meet.

After I hear from all of them, I'll let you know what I think.