About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Insomniak Presents "And Then There's Roy"

No, I'm not talking about former Allentown Mayor Roy Afflerbach, but a locally produced and written play. You can see it this weekend at Nazareth's cozy Insomniak Theatre. (60 S Main Street).

I've decided to become a foo-foo, throw on my beret and go. This is why. "This play includes severe language, strong sexual content, and partial nudity." That's what I'm talking about! Maybe it's about blogs.

Here are the nitty, gritty showtimes:

Friday, 2:00 pm
Saturday, 2:00 and 8:00 pm
Sunday, 2:00 pm

Tickets are $15, $12 if you have a student I.D. There are only 60 seats available, so call 484.597. 0351 if you want to make sure you get one.

According to a Facebook page, this play is about the meaning of life or something. Author Brandon Lay claims, "Film is my life. I've made a full length movie with some of my friends from college. Its 2 hours and 1 minute long, black and white. I write. I act. I watch movies. I like everything: bagels, wawa sandwiches, lingerie, white russians, and an occasional cigarette."

And hopefully, naked women.