About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I Have Offended the Loyal Order of the Moose

That's right. Mooseheart, Moosehaven, Women of the Moose, they're all mad at me. You see, when I told you about Mat Benol's Congressional Kickoff on Saturday at Easton's Loyal Order of the Moose, I used a picture of Bullwinkle. One of the Loyal Moosemen let me have it.

"The Loyal Order of Moose is a fraternal and service organization dating to 1888. Their latest fund raising efforts are aimed at Haiti relief. The depiction of Bullwinkle, presumably to poke fun at a politician, is an unfortunate slight to over 1.5 million women and men who are proud to do serious good works as members of The Loyal Order of Moose."

Chastened, this is my somber reply: "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

Blogger's note: Blogger comments enabled for this post.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, that's moosic to my ears

Anonymous said...

I agree with Bernie. Service groups should be ridiculed.

Chris Casey said...

I guess that means you can cross them off your list.

Anonymous said...

Oh come on Moose members- lighten up! Is it any wonder why archaic service clubs like theirs cannot recruit new members? They have chapters closing left and right. They are truly an endangered species.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Service clubs suck. Government solutions are always better.

Anonymous said...

Nobody suggested that service clubs sucked. Just ones that adopt the attitudes of this group.

Boris said...

Aw, shut up your mouth!

Rocky said...

Rocky: Hey Bullwinkle, we're in real trouble now!

Bullwinkle said...

Oh good, Rocky! I hate that artificial kind!

Sanctifying Grace said...

Anon 10:14 am,

Because of service clubs, I am not allowed to play a round at Sheperd Hills or White Tail. At Sheperd Hills, I hit too many houses. And at White Tail, I hit an oncoming car. My clubs were being repaired so I was forced to use my buddies clubs. I am left-handed. His clubs were righties. So I swung the backwards. Which is forwards for me.

Anyway, I have a life-time ban at both courses because of the service clubs.

Peace, ~~Alex

Anonymous said...

The Moose, with their "attitude" about helping Haitians and other needy groups are exactly what we don't need around here. Bernie's right to poke fun. The Salvation Army are assholes too, right Bernie? This is fun. Those worthless f-ing Optimists with the stupid eye glass donations. Let's really open fire on the bastards! How about those little bitches with the addicting cookies? To hell with service clubs. They all have too much attitude.

Anonymous said...

Glad you did not take any shots at the Mystic Knights of the Sea

Kingfish

Ralph Kramden said...

The Royal Order of Water Buffaloes thinks Moose are silly.