About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Who Dat?

Who Dat?

Why dat's my grandson, Dat Lambert (age 10) looking for room to shoot or pass during last week's Martin Luther King's Day three-on-three tournament at Bath's In The Zone. I composed this post just so I can post that picture, which I love. Please forgive me for bragging.

Notre Dame's CYO teams includes ballers like Caden Giordano (who chipped two front teeth on the court and laughed) and Grant Hershman (who as grandson of Allentown watchdog Lou, claims the team spends too much money). They are coached by Emil Giordano, who moonlights as a Northampton County judge.

Dat celebrated his diversity on MLK Day by putting points on the board. Just ten years ago, he would never have been allowed to play there. Nobody could. It did not exist.

In the Zone is a great place to shoot hoops, has an indoor batting cage and lots of tournaments for all ages.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kid's a player! I enjoy these Bernie, keep them coming. Reminds me of the simple joys of life.

The Banker

Bernie O'Hare said...

I love the pic and created this post just so I could show him off. Forgive my bragging.

Sanctifying Grace said...

So how did the team do? Did Dat score any buckets?

Bernie, in his age group, do the officials allow the children to shoot three point shots? Actually, of course they can shoot three pointers. But do the officials count a shot from behind the three point arc as three points?

Peace, ~~Alex

Bernie O'Hare said...

CYO does not count threes. Lil' Canaries and this Tournament allowed it. Dat scored quite a bit, as did his team mates.

ironpigpen said...

Grandparents are probaby supposed to do this sort of thing - you should feel no need to apologize.

Anonymous said...

I don't come here to see this crap.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Then do us all a favor and stay off my blog. We don't need trolls like you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ohare the real parents are concerned that a make beleive grandfather keeps hanging around the kids basketball games.

You realize picking up a kid and calling him a grandson is still not real.

Bernie O'Hare said...

What a pathetic little troll you are.