About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, January 04, 2010

Bill Leiner to Step Down as Lehigh County Comm'r

The following is an excerpt from an email that Bill Leiner sent to fellow Commissioners today.

"This AM I sent an email to Mr. David Barilla which will be followed by an official letter announcing my resignation from the Board effective 1/11/10. As you all are aware, I have been on a temporary work assignment in Texas since November. The work was to wrap up in mid January.

"However, I have been approached by the hospital here, and my contract employer to stay on as a permanent manager. After much reflection and contemplation with my wife and family, I have decided to accept the permanent position.

"I will be home this Friday and expect to retrieve my personal effects from my commissioner office over this weekend.

"I want to express to all of you that I thoroughly enjoyed working with each and every one of you. To me, you are all dedicated, accomplished people who I had the distinct privilege to work with. I will be forever grateful for this experience.

"This was a difficult decision for me as I get a little nervous whenever I leave the Borough of Coplay. My new residence will be about 1800 miles away.

"I wish you all well this year as you discharge your important duties.

May God bless you all."


Under Lehigh County's Home Rule Charter, Leiner must be replaced by a fellow Democrat.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leiner's a Commissioner at Large, which means he can be replaced by any registered democrat in Lehigh County (versus on from a district). Here comes J. McNeil, says I!

Bernie O'Hare said...

I imagine McNeil, Kwiatek or Marc Basiste could each make a claim.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope it is not Basist.

Anonymous said...

McNeil is as clueless as her husband.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Thank you, Mr. Roman.

eckville press said...

Is PIP THE MOUSE a registered democrat?

For a mouse he is rather Large.

Anonymous said...

There is no way the R's will pick one of the D's that ran. They have to pick a D but they can pick the D of their choice.

I am sure it will be a D who is older and not aligned with the Executive. Also one who promises not to run for the office.

I seriously doubt they would pick McNeil or Kwiatck.

Marc Grammes said...

Hope to see someone come forward who just wants to get things done for the people, regardless of party , politics, or where in the county they reside. Sad to see someone bashed, when they haven't even stepped forward isn't it? Sad, indeed.

Marc said...

By the way, best wishes to Bill and his family, and a word of thanks for his many years of public service.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mr. Leiner for your service. Hope the heck you can turn Texas blue. Best of Luck.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Bill was Coplay's biggest promoter and a classy guy all around.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Bill! Could you take Angle with you?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see you leaving the Valley Bill. Good luck to you and your family in Texas.

An ex Bethlehem Steeler