About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Is an Ethical Campaign Possible?

Cedar Crest College's Ethics Institute will tonight sponsor a community presentation about the climate of our political campaigns. Are ethical campaigns even possible anymore?

When: 7:30 PM

Where: Alumnae Hall, Cedar Crest College

Panel:

Pam Varkony, Nationally recognized writer, commentator, blogger extraordinaire and speaker

John Reynolds, Ph.D.a Professor of Political Science at Moravian College who currently has the misfortune of teaching AJ.

I'd go, but tonight I'm stuffing an anonymous attack mailer.

6 comments:

Blah Society said...

It should be noted that Reynolds is also the President of the CCLV.

Anonymous said...

this sounds like a project for an NPR-listenin'.....PBS-watchin'....and KUMBAYA-singin', ultra-liberal Allentown City Councilman ....er, Councilor.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I like NPR, damn it! I like C-Span even more. And to show you how weird I am, I would have been there except that my grandson hadd a foorball game tonight. He scored hios first points of the season. Unfortunately, they were for the other team. He was sacked in the endzone.

Anonymous said...

Varkoney a political expert? In which dimension. She is a legend in her own mind.
Of course BO loves her so this means I was mean.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Anon 10:22,

I do love Pam. I like her writing and her stories are always original. I'm unawaware that she set herself up as a "political expert," but you are welcome to snark her if it makes you feel better.

Anonymous said...

A campaign can't be ethical when people point out real things Obama did and real people and groups he associated with and the people who state those points are shouted down and demonized.