About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, April 11, 2008

Lehigh County Comm'r Browning Asks for More Transparency

Lehigh County Commissioner Dean Browning is one of about three Republicans left in Allentown. Despite this character flaw, he's one of the most effective legislators I've ever seen. He's always prepared at meetings and has a command of complicated financial data. Most importantly, he advocates transparent government.

At Wednesday's meeting, Browning argued meeting minutes should be available on the county's web page. Northampton County Council, with all its flaws, is actually a step ahead of Lehigh County on that one. They began doing that last February. Chairman Dougherty responded that digitalized versions of minutes will soon be available.

Browning also suggested that commissioners consider livestreaming their meetings. Currently, the only Lehigh Valley municipality that webcasts meetings is Emmaus. Northampton County's Director of Information Services, Al Jordan, has been working on a similar plan, which he tells me is inexpensive.
Update: According to a commenter, Dean may actually reside in beautiful South Whitehall Township.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given the make-up of Northampton County Council, they should put it on I-Tunes. The County would raise enough to build whatever they want.
Best viewing entertainment since the Soprano's. Ronnie'Paulie Walnuts' Angle is worth it all by himself.

Bernie O'Hare said...

One of the networks would pick it up for sure.

Anonymous said...

Bernie, Dean lives in South Whitehall, not Allentown.

Anonymous said...

Bernie doesn't make mistakes. everyone else is wrong. Dean lives wherever Bernie says. Period.

Blah Society said...

^ stupid

Bernie O'Hare said...

Bernie doesn't make mistakes. everyone else is wrong. Dean lives wherever Bernie says. Period.

Can you feel the love?

Blah Society said...

So that's what's poking me in the side...

Anonymous said...

this is the first annon from before - I think I was wrong and Dean does live in Allentown. Just ignore me in the future.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Anon 1:15, Please feel free anytime to tell me my facts are wrong. While we can have different opinions, it's important to get the facts right, and I am actually thankful when someone tells me I have a fact wrong.

And, as it happens, Mr. Browning himself informs me you are correct and I am mistaken. He does indeed live in South Whitehall, about a half block outside city limits.

Anonymous said...

Lucky for him.

Scott Armstrong